Dear SLV Family,
While the precautions we are working to maintain are neither comfortable or convenient, we are resolute in our responsibility to protect the health of our community. There are so many examples of members going the extra mile to respect distancing, voluntarily wearing masks, and displaying concern for one another and for our team. From the bottom of our hearts, thank you.
We all want to get back to normal as quickly as possible, but the latest information nationally and from the State level just don’t make a compelling case that the risk has passed and we are safe to take our next steps toward reopening. At this time, we are essentially holding in phase 2 of our reopening plan. It is important to note that while there are no new State-wide safety regulations at the time this message is being written, we are continuing to work hard to strike the right balance between services offered and the well-being of our SLV owners and team members. As we stated in our previous update, please note that the timelines listed below are subject to change based on the latest information about our local region from South Carolina DHEC.
We thank you for the amazing support of our community and the great patience you have shown, as we are all eager to move beyond the COVID-19 event. That being said, the safety and well-being of “our SLV family” will remain priority and job #1.
as of June 26, 2020
Based on the recent increase of cases in the State of SC, we are still maintaining a posture of caution at our golf courses. Thank you for your understanding and support.
- Courses Remain Open: Both courses remain open — with distancing precautions and additional sanitizing practices in place.
- Practice Range remains open each day the golf courses are open and will continue to close at 2 p.m. for range picking and extra sanitization steps. This allows enough time for the golf team to collect the balls, clean and disinfect the balls and baskets, and then replenish the stock for the next day.
- Golf Carts:
- Extra steps for sanitizing golf carts have been put into place.
- Single Rider Carts remain optional.
- Golf Shops
- Please respect our limit of two patrons at at a time in the shop.
- Thank you for being patient with our team as we are working to maintain distancing and taking additional steps to sanitize surfaces and objects.
Food & Beverage Services
as of June 26, 2020
Based on the recent increase of cases in the State of SC, we are not yet opening the clubhouses for dine-in service. Thank you for your understanding and support as we work to maintain the safety and health of our community.
These Modes of Service Continue:
- DOCKSIDE DELIVERY: Our team is now offering “Dockside Meals To-Go” from the Tara Clubhouse Cove Friday – Sunday each week. Click here to view menu and more details. Call ahead (864-391-4163) to place your order.
- CURBSIDE DELIVERY: Our team continues to offer curbside meals to-go. Call either clubhouse to place your order and schedule your curbside pickup time
- PATIO Reservations: SLV owners may begin reserving seating on the patio reservations (starting @ 5 pm) at either clubhouse. Call 864-391-4163 (Tara) or 864-391-4185 (Monticello). At this time, we will offer counter service (pick up of food & drink orders) and meals will continue to be served in disposable containers.
Menu Update: Our team has been working to update our menu offerings at both River Grille and Monti’s which will be available for curbside, to-go and patio dining. Watch for more communications with details in the coming days.
as of June 26, 2020
Based on the recent increase of cases in the State of SC, we are still maintaining a posture of caution at the Recreation Center. We are not yet able to open the pools to guests, and we are maintaining disciplined social distancing practices. Thank you for your understanding and support as we work to maintain the safety and health of our community.
Dates, Facilities, and Guidelines
- We will continue to allow guests to use pickleball, tennis, and bocce amenities. Social distancing guidelines will be observed.
- The fitness room, hot tub, and sauna will remain closed to all users at this time.
- We will not be offering Stretch & Tone, Shag Dance, Line Dance, or Ping Pong until further notice.
- Meeting rooms at the Recreation Center remain unavailable at this stage.
Indoor and Outdoor Pools
- We know there are many members who have family and friends visiting over the holiday week, and we wish the data and information supported opening our pools to these guests. Unfortunately, this is too much of a risk for our SLV residents and we ask for your understanding and help to maintain no guests at this time.
- Water Aerobics will be offered as scheduled during the month of July. Pre-registration will be handled like we have been doing for the past month — please call the Front Desk at (864) 391-4180 if you have questions. Classes are limited to property owners only. No guests at this time. Weather conditions and Class Leader preference will determine if the classes will be offered in the indoor or outdoor pool.
- Intermediate Water Aerobics – 8:00 AM – Monday through Saturday
- Intermediate Water Aerobics – 3:00 PM – Wednesdays
- Basic Water Aerobics – 9:30 AM – Monday through Saturday
- Advanced Water Aerobics – 3:30 PM – Mondays
As is standard operating procedure for our indoor and outdoor pool facility use, in the event of thunder and lightning storms, our water aerobics programs will be cancelled. When in doubt, please check with the front desk to confirm weather conditions and programming.
- The indoor pool will continue to be available to property owners only for lane swimming by pre-registration reservation. Showers will not be available for use. Shoes must be worn in the locker room and all tiled surface areas.
- The indoor pool will be available for use during operational hours only for SLV owners.
- The outdoor pool will continue to be available for open swim when there are no water aerobics classes. After hours key card access is required for use before 7 am and after 5pm. Open swim time is restricted to property owners only.
- Monday, 10:30am – 3:30 pm and 4:30pm – dark
- Tuesday, 10:30am – dark
- Wednesday, 10:30am – 2:30pm and 4:00pm – dark
- Thursday, 10:30am – dark
- Friday, 10:30am – dark
- Saturday, 10:30am – dark
- Sunday, 12:00 Noon – dark. (The outdoor pool is closed Sunday mornings for cleaning.)
At this time, we are continuing to monitor conditions day to day in regards to guest access to the indoor or outdoor pools. While we have not yet established a target date for opening the pools, we do not have confidence that we will be able to open the pools to guests within the next two weeks.
Note on Indoor Programming: In keeping with SCDHEC guidelines and recommendations for sanitization, we will not be providing chairs, or any form of equipment at this time.
The following programs will be offered in the McCormick Room. Classes will remain limited to 15 participants per class. Pre-registration will continue.
Please note adjustments to the program schedule below:
- Land Aerobics – 8:30 AM – Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays
- Yoga – 10:00 AM – Monday through Friday
- Tai Chi – 2:00 PM – Tuesdays
For our Land Aerobics program, participants may bring their own weights and bands, if desired. Equipment is not required. If you have personal weights stored at the Recreation Center, we will retrieve them for you to take home. Yoga participants are encouraged to bring a mat. The RC will no longer provide shared equipment or storage for personal equipment used in our programs.
We will continue to evaluate the status of COVID-19 and make additional adjustments, as necessary.
Our offices are open, and social distancing measures remain in place.
- For any questions or to request service, please call ahead:
Community Services: (864) 391-4126
Village Office: (864) 391-4116
Links & Resources
- For the latest on South Carolina policies, visit this link:
- Link to SC Governor’s Executive Orders:
- SCDHEC’s Monitoring and Testing Dashboard:
- Social Distancing Guidelines from CDC:
Savannah Lakes Village