Dear SLV Family,
As we look toward the Mother’s Day weekend, we hope this message finds you, your family, and your loved ones safe and well. Our team is continuing to maintain precaution and physical distancing throughout our operations, and we encourage our community to do the same. We are working carefully to ensure the safety of our team and our members. Our leadership team members are diligently analyzing local conditions and best practices for active adult communities like SLV in our industry. This message outlines our next steps in our plan for gradually reopening our amenities and working toward restoring full service. As we stated last week, this is more of a “dimmer knob” with a gradual change than a “light switch” that brings instant change.
To all of the ladies in SLV, we offer our warm wishes for a happy Mother’s Day.
as of May 8, 2020
- NEW for NEXT WEEK The practice ranges will be reopened — with distancing modifications — next week. Our team will send out additional communications on range services, proper distancing, and hours of service as a part of our gradual re-opening plan.
- NEW for NEXT WEEK Monticello #8 hole is expected to re-open next week as we complete the final phase of the bridge replacement. Watch for future updates. In the meantime, please continue to follow all signs re-routing traffic to the 9th hole.
- Guests of members are welcome, but at this time may not ride in SLV carts; only in member carts. Guests are allowed to walk.
- Golf Shops are anticipated to remain closed to through traffic until May 31. Call the shops to pay by phone for golf rounds or merchandise.
- We restarted the popular Par 3 offering as of Thursday afternoon, May 7th. We plan to continue offering this each Thursday afternoon.
Food & Beverage Services
as of May 8, 2020
- NEW for NEXT WEEK We have taken the next step toward opening our outdoor dining areas. Available immediately, tables have been spaced out across our outdoor areas with limited chairs at each table. We set up with a maximum of three chairs per table, and we strongly recommend that members do not move chairs or place them closer together. While members may enjoy outdoor seating, we are still not yet offering table service. Thank you for your understanding, and please make sure to enjoy these amenities wisely.
- We will continue to offer service Curbside out of Monti’s and River Grille. We anticipate keeping all indoor dining areas closed for month of May.
- We appreciate the continued support of our curbside service, and we’re continuing to plan and forecast for multiple phases of scaling up to a new normal in our Food & Beverage Services over the next two months.
- Our complimentary bathroom tissue offer was popular — so popular that we ran out of supplies! We plan to offer this again on a limited basis at Monti’s one day soon. Watch for future updates about this offer.
as of May 8, 2020
- Fitness Room, locker rooms, and the indoor amenities (pool, spa, sauna, bowling alley, and library) are anticipated to remain closed for month of May.
- The tennis and pickleball courts remain open in accordance with recommendations on social distancing.
- As of May 4, we reopened tennis and pickleball Standing Reservation Groups to player discretion. Chairs will remain removed from the court areas following social distancing recommendations. Guest play remains restricted at this time.
- Tennis lessons will resume in May. Instructors and students are advised to follow appropriate social distancing recommendations.
- We will keep the side fence gate open for players to access and sign in on the log.
As of May 8, 2020
- Both Community Services and the Village Office remain closed to routine walk-in traffic. We are continuing to offer service at the door and over the phone for SLV members.
- For any questions or to request service, please call ahead:
Community Services: (864) 391-4126
Village Office: (864) 391-4116
Links & Resources
- For the latest on South Carolina policies, visit this link:
- Link to SC Governor’s Executive Orders:
- SCDHEC’s Monitoring and Testing Dashboard:
- Social Distancing Guidelines from CDC:
Yours in Service,
Savannah Lakes Village