Dear SLV Family,
Spirits remain high as we continue to work towards methodically re-opening additional services and amenities. At this time, our general outlook is to continue to bring back services for certain outdoor areas while keeping our indoor areas closed through the end of May.
It is important to note that while some state-wide precautions are being relaxed, we are working hard to strike the right balance for the well being of our SLV owners and team members. Scroll down for today’s update with details covering our various departments.
as of May 12, 2020
Starting tomorrow morning, the practice ranges will be open on a limited basis and with certain restrictions in place for the time being.
Practice Range Hours of Operation:
- Practice balls will be available from the opening of the golf shops until 1:00 pm.
- The range tee will be closed for ball-pickup at 2:00 pm.
- This will allow enough time for staff to collect the balls, clean and disinfect the balls and baskets, and then replenish the stock for the next day.
Practice Range Modifications:
- Only one basket of approximately 30 range balls per golfer per day will be offered at this time as we scale back up to these services over the next several weeks.
- All baskets and unused balls should be returned to the designated disinfecting station before leaving or going out to play.
- Balls used for chipping and pitching should also be returned to the disinfecting station.
- Balls are to be used at the time of purchase and not saved for later use.
- We ask that all users maintain at least a 10’ separation from each other while on the range tee.
Monticello #8 Hole Reopened
The bridge replacement project is complete, so golfers can once again enjoy all 18 holes of the Monticello course.
Regarding Golf Carts
We need everyone’s help in assuring that all who request a SLV cart will have that cart available for their scheduled tee time. Please do not secure any SLV cart more than 15 minutes before your scheduled tee time. Because of the present demand, most carts must be recycled and disinfected upon return from earlier rounds that day. For the protection and safety of all, the staff needs enough time to complete this process. Grabbing carts an hour before your tee time disrupts the flow and is unfair to those with earlier tee times. Please be considerate of your fellow members.
- Guests of members are welcome, but at this time may not ride in SLV carts; only in member carts. Guests are allowed to walk.
- Golf Shops are anticipated to remain closed to through traffic until May 31. Call the shops to pay by phone for golf rounds or merchandise.
- The Par 3 configuration will once again be offered this Thursday afternoon, May 14th.
Food & Beverage Services
as of May 12, 2020
- COMING SOON Our team is finalizing plans for food & beverage service to boaters on the lake. Stay tuned for updates as we move toward launch of this service.
- We have taken the next step toward opening our outdoor dining areas. Available immediately, tables have been spaced out across our outdoor areas with limited chairs at each table. We set up with a maximum of three chairs per table, and we strongly recommend that members do not move chairs or place them closer together. While members may enjoy outdoor seating, we are still not yet offering table service. We plan to set up four chairs per table early next week.
- We will continue to offer service Curbside out of Monti’s and River Grille. We anticipate keeping all indoor dining areas closed for month of May. We plan to resume limited indoor dining — with modifications — as of June 1.
- We appreciate the continued support of our curbside service, and we’re continuing to plan and forecast for multiple phases of scaling up to a new normal in our Food & Beverage Services over the next two months.
- Our complimentary bathroom tissue offer was popular — so popular that we ran out of supplies! We plan to offer this again on a limited basis at Monti’s one day soon. Watch for future updates about this offer.
as of May 12, 2020
- COMING SOON We will plan for a limited opening of the outdoor pool as of June 1 – starting first with pool aerobics classes. Our team is also working on a reservation system for limited use of the pool as a part of a first-phase re-opening plan. Please watch for future updates as these plans are completed and implemented.
- COMING SOON We plan to offer modified group instruction outdoors under the Pavilion beginning June 1. Classes will include Cardio, Standing Yoga, and Tai Chi. Stay tuned for additional details.
- Limited massage services are anticipated to resume in June.
- Fitness Room, locker rooms, and the indoor amenities (pool, spa, sauna, bowling alley, and library) are anticipated to remain closed for month of May. Limited library access will resume in June, and we plan to quarantine all returned books for a week before they will be reshelved.
- The tennis and pickleball courts remain open in accordance with recommendations on social distancing. Some chairs will be added back and spread out with appropriate distancing.
- As of May 4, we reopened tennis and pickleball Standing Reservation Groups to player discretion. Guest play remains restricted at this time.
- Tennis lessons will resume in May. Instructors and students are advised to follow appropriate social distancing recommendations.
- We will keep the side fence gate open for players to access and sign in on the log.
- Some limited use of the Bowling Alley is expected to resume in June with modifications including using your own shoes and ball as an initial phase of re-opening.
As of May 8, 2020
- COMING SOON In preparation for reopening of indoor areas, Community Services will be installing sneeze guards at amenity service counters and front desk locations.
- Both Community Services and the Village Office remain closed to routine walk-in traffic. We are continuing to offer service at the door and over the phone for SLV members.
- For any questions or to request service, please call ahead:
Community Services: (864) 391-4126
Village Office: (864) 391-4116
Links & Resources
- For the latest on South Carolina policies, visit this link:
- Governor McMaster’s 5/11/20 Executive Order:
- Link to SC Governor’s Executive Orders:
- SCDHEC’s Monitoring and Testing Dashboard:
- Social Distancing Guidelines from CDC:
Yours in Service,
Savannah Lakes Village